CLUB FELL HANDICAP RACE (CLUB MEMBERS ONLY) – SUNDAY 10TH December 9.00-13.00
It’s almost time for the most popular date in the fell diary! Race from Langley to Shutlingsloe, Shining Tor, the notorious Sweetie Tree and back via Lamaload and Tegg’s – each runner sets off at a different time based on their handicap. First back is the winner!
Here’s what you need to know…
- 24km / 1,000m climb
- Start times 8:30-10:30
- £8 including lunch at the St Dunstan’s.
- Limit of 80 people
- Full FRA kit required as a minimum
- In the event of adverse weather conditions we may implement a bad weather option in lieu of the full route
- The route has changed slightly in the last few years, so please take time to familiarise with the route map. More details here –
To enter please do the following:
- Fill in the Google form here – 2023 Fell Handicap Registration Form
- Payment details are available on the event page on Trail or Fell Facebook groups. If you are a Harriers member and want to participate, but are not on Facebook please email Sarah for details. No payment no entry!
- Please provide as much detail on the form to help with the allocation of start times. Times will be calculated to get everyone finishing as close to 12:30 as possible.
- If you don’t have a start time with a week to go before the race please let Tom know.
INFO FOR NEW MEMBERS:
The club Fell Handicap is a great pre-xmas race, which most like to race flat out and others enjoy more as a social club run. Either way, you’re given a start time to reflect the rough time it will likely take to complete it – with some starting early and taking 3.5hrs, while the fastest will be starting later and home in just over 2hrs. It doesn’t matter how fast you usually are compared to the rest of the field, first person back wins a nice trophy to brag about for the next 12 months, or at least for the next hour or so over a turkey sandwich and a pint in the St Dunstan’s. Meanwhile all other competitors will pretend they’re having fun but bemoan their cruel handicapping between sips of beer. In theory everyone should get back within 5-10mins of each other, so you may usually be a mid-pack racer but a good effort could result in silverware.