The following positions on the Macclesfield Harriers Committee are (or soon will be) vacant as the existing incumbents are standing down.
If you are interested please contact Bob Lynch (President) or use the ‘Contact Us‘ form on the website.
- Chairperson (currently vacant)
- Publicity Officer (currently vacant)
- Track & Field Manager (currently Barbara Murray, standing down at the end of 2022)
- Men’s cross country manager (currently Rob Hasler, standing down at the end of the 2021/22 season)
- Welfare Officer (currently Bob Lynch)
- Cross-Discipline Challenge coordinator (currently David Larkin)
A brief description of the responsibilities covered by each role follows. More detailed descriptions are available on the club website
Chairperson (Required now)
- Represent all sections of the club
- Develop a vision of how the club should improve
- Represent the club with outside organisations
- Respond to day-to-day questions from club members and third parties
- Take a lead in responding to unexpected challenges to the club
- Chair committee meetings
- Chair the AGM
Publicity Officer (Required now)
- Produce regular press releases for the Macclesfield Express – can be commissioned from club members
- Assist in PR/marketing for club-organised races
- Maintain a presence on social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
Track & Field Manager (Required for 2023 season)
Approx 8 hours/week, could possibly be a shared role
- Act as main link with Leisure Centre Facilities Manager
- Agree T&F events with the committee and organise MHAC T&F championships
- Book the facility, chief officials, first aid and refreshments for home events
- Liaise with League Coordinators to enter leagues, arrange affiliation payments etc
- Obtain necessary permits
- Organise MHAC officials for home and away events
- Manage home T&F events, including communication with visiting teams and leisure centre staff
- Ensure Team Managers have full details of events to share with teams
- Collect and publish results
- Liaise with county officials as required
Men’s cross country manager (Required for 2022/2023 season)
- Liaise with women’s and juniors cross country managers
- Liaising with North Staffs League & Manchester League
- Confirm entry into leagues
- Arrange payment for affiliation
- Attending AGMs / award ceremony
- Responding to general queries
- Communicating with team managers
- Arrange team managers for all age groups
- Forward information from leagues
- Forward information for championship races
- Supporting with queries
- Communicating with runners (team manager role)
- Advertising and encouraging entry into races
- Race entries now online / point runners towards entry process
- Publish race information on media platforms
- Race day
- Arrange set up and collection of club gazebo / flag
- Collect and distribute race numbers
- Support new runners, encourage all runners
- Updating Inter Club Championship table for each race
- Presenting awards at club AGM
- Ensure that all volunteers interacting with athletes have the appropriate qualifications and maintain them on a database with current DBS and safeguarding courses.
- Promote and understand changes in EA/UKA codes of conduct relating to welfare and ensure as CWO you have attended any relevant courses.
- Ensure that appropriate codes of conduct for athletes and parents are widely publicised.
- Make sure the role of CWO and contact details are made available through the club website.
- Deal effectively, confidentially, and at the lowest level with any issues around poor practice. Be impartial, fair and record in writing any actions that are the outcome of any investigation.
- Liaise as necessary with the EA Welfare Officer if issues cannot be resolved at club level.
- Keep records of accidents and incidents and communicate any necessary changes in practice to reduce reoccurrence.
- Keep the officials of the club up to date as and when necessary.
Cross Discipline Challenge Co-ordinator (Required now)
- Promote the challenge to all club members
- Adapt the challenge as you see fit
- Review challenge completion claims as submitted by junior and senior members
- Present the awards at the AGM