The events which will count in the awards are:
- Cheshire League (4 matches, all age groups)
- Youth Development League (4 matches, U13/15)
- Northern League (4 matches, U17-senior)
- Cheshire AAA Championships (U13-senior)
The awards score will derive from both attendance and performance.
For attendance, the athlete scores 3 points for each meeting attended.
The number of events to count for each age group are:
- Under 11: 3 of the 4 Cheshire T&F league events
- U13 and U15: A total of 7 events, comprising either 2 championship events plus 5 league events or 1 championship event plus 6 league events. For this age group the league events are Cheshire League and YDL. The championships are County, Northern or National championships (schools events are not included).
- U17 up to Seniors/Masters: A total of 7 events, comprising either 2 championship events plus 5 league events or 1 championship event plus 6 league events. For these age groups the league events are Cheshire League and Northern League. The championships are County, Northern or National championships.
For performance, at each meeting, the athlete’s performance in his/her best event (ranked against all athletes, not just Macclesfield) will be used to get a score from 6 points for 1st place to 1 point for 6th place.
Attendance and performance scores will be added together to get an overall score for each athlete in each age group.
For U20/Senior/Masters age groups, the position will be ranked based on a single senior classification, but separate awards will be made.
The age group for Senior / Master will be defined as of the first qualifying T&F fixture of the season.
Athletes can only be awarded if they complete the required number of events.