Founded 1897 â€“ reformed 1945 â€“ affiliated to England Athletics (registration number 2658261), Cheshire County Athletics Association and Northern Athletics
- Created on Wednesday, 21 December 2016 17:17
- Last Updated on Monday, 16 January 2017 13:13
- Written by Neil Gunn
2017 Club Road Running Championship Prizes and Rules
The following competitions will be run in 2017:
1) Mens and Ladies â€śOpenâ€ť Championship Prizes (Perpetual Trophy)
2) Mens and Ladies â€śVeteranâ€ť Championship Prizes (Perpetual Trophy)
3) Mens and Ladies â€śU20â€ť Championship Prizes (Perpetual Trophy)
Points for each race calculated as follows:
1st Harrier 100 points, 2nd Harrier 99 points, 3rd Harrier 98 points to 100th Harrier 1 point!
Your time will be Chip Time where available. (If chip time the same then better gun time and/or race position will determine order)
Best 6 races to count with no more than 3 events from each category and at least 1 short, 1 medium and 1 long race. (U20 no long race required)
The Cheshire Grand Prix Races and North West Road Relays will gain an extra 10 bonus points for each race.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by a) Number of races completed, b) Average points scored per race
4) Mens and Ladies â€śOpenâ€ť Overall Points Prizes (voucher)
Points from all races completed from the Club Road Running Championship list of races
5) Mens and Ladies â€śOpenâ€ť Handicap Prizes (voucher)
Based on performances in the six Cheshire Grand Prix Races.
Handicap scores to be calculated from the Run Britain vSSS score for each race.
To compete, runners must be registered with Run Britain (runbritainrankings.com)
The Handicap prize should reflect the most improved runner over the six races and in theory anyone can win.
6) Mens and Ladies Best Group Runner Prizes (medal)
Best runners from the organized running groups as nominated by the group leaders.Must have run at least 6 Road Running Championship Races.