The fell running manager is Graham Brown -Â Contact_Details
- Created on Thursday, 09 March 2017 15:41
- Last Updated on Thursday, 09 March 2017 16:38
- Written by Julian Brown
From Shaun Wilde, to whom many thanks.... below are the 3 dates and information for the sessions :
2nd April â€“ Kerridge
30th April â€“ Macclesfield Forest
28th May â€“ TBD
In terms of the first session at Kerridge (1 hour and 45 minutes):Â
Meet at 9.45 (finish at 11.30) in Rainow on Round Meadow road (opposite the church) in the car park on the left.
After a brief and kit check, we will run to the North end of Kerridge Hill and climb up to White Nancy. In this session we will be covering kit selection for fell running, safety considerations, and uphill and downhill running techniques on different slopes before returning back to where we started.
The events are intended for club members only: minimum age is 12 and all juniors under 18 must have a signed consent form (here)Â given to Shaun Wilde (Session Leader) by the parent or guardian.
The parent or guardian can optionally attend the session.
The kit requirement is:
- Training shoes (ideally studded fell shoes)
- Running socks
- Running tights or shorts
- Long sleeve wicking base layer
- Mid layer or additional t-shirt (optional)
- Breathable waterproof jacket (to be used or carried dependent on the weather)
- Running gloves and hat/buff (to be used or carried dependent on the weather)
- Small running bag to carry jacket, gloves and hat/buff (weather dependent)
- A change of clothes, a towel and filled water bottle (to be kept at the start location)
- It is also recommended to have an energy based snack for after the session
Also see our club Facebook pageÂ https://www.facebook.com/Maccharriers/